Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Trader Joe's Favorites of the Day
1. Greek Yogurt (2%) - Very thick and creamy. I mix it with a little honey - it's my favorite dessert. I also mix it into Indian food and substitute it for mayo.
2. Various Cheeses - Especially the Canadian Brie and the Dutch Goat Cheese.
3. Chocolate Pretzels - I'm usually a dark chocolate girl, but I prefer the milk chocolate in these.
4. Fennel Toothpaste - Cheaper than Tom's of Maine. A nice alternative to mint.
5. Pure Castille Soap - Is there anything you CAN'T use this for? Perfect for an all-in-one camping item. You can wash your dishes with it. You can wash your body with it. You can brush your teeth with it (although I wouldn't do it). You can wash your clothes with it (I have done that and it works pretty well). You can make a bubble bath with it. It's basically like Dr. Bronner's but without all the weird religious stuff on the label and like 4 times cheaper.
6. Soy & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips - The flaxseeds kind of make them look like they have little fleas in them.
7. Soba Noodles - They're vegan and delicious and very good for you (I'm talking about the frozen ones).
9. Frozen Naan - Dan eats these all the time. We like the garlic ones.
10. Frozen Edamame - Gotta love edamame.
11. Double Rainbow Mango/Vanilla Soycream
12. French Orange Blossom Honey Handsoap
We also got 2 new products today:
The first is CHOCOLATE COVERED EDAMAME. I'm not kidding. It's kind of different. I like it, but some people hated it. If you like dry roasted edamame and dark chocolate, you will like this.
The second is Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds - Sea salt is mixed in with the dark chocolate and it makes it really good.
Ok, that's all. Sorry to you poor folks who don't have a Trader Joe's (aka Utah people)